Saturday, September 27, 2008

Beset With Weakness

I was reading through Hebrews a couple weeks ago and Hebrews 5:2 stuck out to me. I put it in context so you could see, well, its context. : )
For every high priest chosen from among men is appointed to act on behalf of men in relation to God, to offer gifts and sacrifices for sins. He can deal gently with the ignorant and wayward, since he himself is beset with weakness. Because of this he is obligated to offer sacrifice for his own sins just as he does for those of the people. ~Hebrews 5:1-3
I want to be someone who deals gently with the ignorant and the wayward because I'm also beset with weakness myself. Anyone who finds themselves in a place of leadership or influence would do well to remember this verse in dealing with those who are ignorant and wayward.

No comments: