Saturday, April 18, 2009

22 Things About Me

I really like Abraham Piper's blog 22 Words. I also like his wife Molly's blog entitled The Pipers. So in honor Molly's recent post and Abraham's blog, I give you...

22 Things About Me

1. I was delivered by forceps.
2. When I was two my uncle nicknamed me the 'Pink Tornado' because my mom always dressed me in pink and I tore around the house like a crazy tornado in my walker.
3. I failed 'Cutting With Scissors' in preschool.
4. I had a crush on a snotty-nosed (literally) boy named Shawn when I was in the third grade.
5. I was home-schooled from the middle of fourth grade until the end of eighth grade.
6. I got a D one semester in Freshmen English because I could not bring myself to read Great Expectations which is probably the most boring book ever written.
7. I was nicknamed 'Air Jessica' in high school because I was really good at driving to the hole in basketball.
8. I won MVP my senior year in Track & Field. My events were 4X100 Relay, Long Jump, 330 Hurdles, and Shotput.
9. I do not like peas. The texture really gets to me.
10. I was terminated from my position as a bank teller because my cash drawer was short. I was SO depressed, but then they hired me at Victory Supermarkets because the manager knew my brother.
11. I was a waitress at The Bull Run for a year. That was a good job and it really prepared for my job now... as a nurse. 'Is there anything else I can get for you?'
12. A nursing instructor told me I gave a bad image to nursing. I told her I didn't think that was true so she removed those comments from my evaluation.
13. I have had 6 cars... a 1982 Dodge Aires, 1988 Ford Tempo, 1987 Plymouth Sable, 1982 Dodge Daytona, 1992 Mercury Topaz, and finally a 2000 Nissan Altima.
14. I took African Jazz Dance in college to fulfill my physical education requirement.
15. In college I took my car (that I used to get to and from my clinical in Boston) in for it's yearly inspection. The mechanic told me the only reason he was letting me drive it home was because I lived less than a mile away. He said something about rotted tie rods or something...
16. I LOVE mint chocolate chip ice cream with peanut butter topping.
17. One of my pupils is bigger than the other. I was born that way. When I get stressed or tired you can really tell the difference.
18. I didn't travel by plane until I was 24.
19. I sing alto and sometimes tenor in the choir but never soprano (or bass).
20. I have never broken a bone.
21. I am deathly allergic to pine nuts and have eaten them four times--in my grandmother's stuffed chicken, in spaghetti sauce at camp (apparently they add them to increase the protein content), in a Smart Ones dinner entre, and in finger sandwiches at a baby shower.
22. I have left my lights on in broad daylight and have had to get jump-started more times than I can count. I haven't done it in a while but I could always relapse.

2 comments:

The Marklund's said...

Thanks for sharing! :) I can't understand why someone would say that you give a bad image for nursing. Doesn't make any sense?

Jessica said...

Yeah, it was during my last semester of nursing school. I was exhausted and SO tired of school. I guess it really came across the wrong way. I was also really quiet so I have no idea how that was perceived. I was really shocked when she told me that! I didn't think it was true so it didn't bother me too much.