Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Perfection (Maturity): A Joyful, Hopeful Pursuit

For many years, I never realized that becoming more like Christ could be a joyful pursuit. I guess I never understood biblical sanctification, but over the past year or so, I have come to a greater understanding of freedom in Christ. Not the freedom to do what I want, but rather the freedom to obey God joyfully and without fear or condemnation!

I just read the first chapter of How Can I Change? by C.J. Mahaney & Robin Boisvert and I understand more that perfection and maturity is our goal (Matthew 5:48). We cannot attain it in this life, but nonetheless it MUST be our pursuit--a joyful, hopeful pursuit (1 John 3:2-3)!

Help me Lord to make perfection and maturity a joyful and hopeful pursuit!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It is excellent idea. I support you.