Sunday, March 30, 2008

I Love Theology!


So, I really like theology. An especially good bit of theology can be found right here at HeartCry Missionary Society. Check out this snapshot of God: "There is but one God, the Maker, Preserver and Ruler of all things, having in and of Himself all perfections, and being infinite in them all; and to Him all creatures owe the highest love, reverence and obedience. "

It really is refreshing to read good, solid theology. It is good to be reminded of the nature of God and the nature of man. Our own thoughts so often deceive.

I see theology as an overview and compilation of all that is in the Bible. The theological statement I linked to above is something that we should all be reminded of daily. Since we can't read the whole Bible every day, it's good to study snippets theology so that our view of God and His Word will continue to be enlarged and not limited to the experiences of our day or the few chapters we've read in the Bible.

I just ordered Bitesize Theology: An ABC of the Christian Faith by Peter Jeffrey. I'm looking forward to reading it! If you want a more extensive, systematic study, I think the best thing out there is Wayne Grudem's Systematic Theology. It is really formatted well and includes a hymn after every chapter that relates to the theological point just made. It's an excellent reference to have!

"Theology announces not just what the Bible says but what it means." ~J. Kenneth Grider

3 comments:

The Marklund's said...

i enjoyed my theology class in college. gets your mind thinking. :) anyway...i don't know how to add you guys as friends on here, like amy has on the right side of hers (you might have this too), so if you know how...add me! :) see you tomorrow! :)

The Marklund's said...

hmmm...i guess i'll find out from you later today how you can be listed on my blog. i can't seem to figure that part out. ? oh well...see you soon! :)

The Marklund's said...

lol...somehow jenn's link is nicely placed at the top right hand side of my page, and you and amy are down on the bottom, and it looks misplaced. i dunno...i guess i'll try to figure this out when i have more time. :) thanks for your help though...it at least got me somewhere. :)