Thursday, February 19, 2009

Being Labeled

Pastor and author Kevin DeYoung explains why he doesn't mind being labeled Reformed in 'What I Mean By Reformed'. I've been attracted to Reformed theology for the past couple years and his post explains perfectly why I'm so fascinated with it.

And it's not that I want to be divisive or separate myself (I admit I did so at first) by taking the label, it's just that Reformed theology is so rich and beautiful to me, and unlike anything I've ever heard in all my 25 church going years.

And I don't mean to say that no other 'label' or theology thinks and believes this way (link here for some harms of labels), it's just that I personally prefer Reformed theology to any other theology I've heard explained and preached.



I know, I know. I'm really weird. Can't I just post about something normal, right?

No comments: