Sunday, November 25, 2007

Set Your Mind On Things Above

I found this in the book The Excellent Wife by Martha Peace. Though I am not married, I always find the information in 'marriage' books to be really helpful because I find that I could have the 'Wrong Desires' of anyone of my friends and family. Aren't the 'Right Desires' wonderful!

Wrong Desires
  1. That he will be affectionate.
  2. That he will anticipate my needs with my asking.
  3. That he will give me compliments.
  4. That he will make me feel special.
  5. That he will not hurt my feelings.
  6. That he will talk to me and share their thoughts and feelings.
  7. That he will put me first.

Right Desires
  1. That I may know God's Word and obey it.
  2. That I may delight in Him.
  3. That I may seek Him with all my heart.
  4. That I may be pleasing to Him regardless of my circumstances.
  5. That I may cultivate an attitude of joy and gratitude in what God is doing in my life no matter what my husband does or does not do.
  6. That I may have joy in God deciding how my life and circumstances can glorify Him the most, that He can use me for His glory.

1If then you have been raised with Christ, seek the things that are above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God. 2 Set your minds on things that are above, not on things that are on earth. 3For you have died, and your life is hidden with Christ in God. 4When Christ who is your life appears, then you also will appear with him in glory.
Colossians 3:1-4




No comments: