Monday, June 30, 2008

God-centered or Self-centered

"It's very easy for all of us if we're not careful to give lip service to the fact that God in his glory is first in our lives and for that not to be true at all."
This clip offers a nine question self-test to help determine whether you are really God-centered or man-centered.



Question #8 is my favorite: "Do you feel most loved by God because He makes much of you OR because He frees you to make much of Him (so that you can enjoy Him forever!)."

If we are God-centered, "we will have the ability to see that the problems of life are opportunities and blessings that give us a chance to do what we were created to do. To glorify God in the midst of our problems."

"So the key question here to day is: Do I feel most loved by God because he is making much of me or because he's doing whatever must be done in my life including bringing problems and trials into my life in order to change me so that I can make much of Him."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great video. It reminds of a book I read by John Piper, "God is the Gospel". Totally showed me how man-centered I was. Thanks for posting this.

Anonymous said...

I didn't know where else to post this. I have a female friend that is desperate to find other women she can discuss theology with. If you go to my blog site and click on Marsha's Blog, that's her. I thought you could help each other out. Thanks

Sola Deo Gloria!

Jessica said...

I will check out her blog. Thank you! Also thank you for another book recommendation! : )