Thursday, June 5, 2008

Rejoice, Soul!

I posted here and here on the idea of talking to yourself, like the Psalmist did in Psalm 42 and in Psalm 103. Well, I think I just completely failed the test these past few days! On Tuesday, I started feeling somewhat sad and 'low' (it happens to me here and there and is generally unexpected and not really related to anything) but instead of telling my soul to rejoice and to be glad, I just sort of agreed with my soul and listened to my feelings of sadness. May God help me! I want to tell my spirit to tell my soul the good news. I want my spirit to be boss over my soul!

Why are you cast down, O my soul,
and why are you in turmoil within me?
Hope in God; for I shall again praise him,
my salvation and my God.
Psalm 42:11

Bless the LORD, O my soul,
and all that is within me,
bless his holy name!
Bless the LORD, O my soul,
and forget not all his benefits,
who forgives all your iniquity,
who heals all your diseases,
who redeems your life from the pit,
who crowns you with steadfast love and mercy,
who satisfies you with good
so that your youth is renewed like the eagle’s.
Psalm 103:1-5

My spirit will now attempt to give my soul a good talking to. : ) Soul, rejoice! Put your hope in God and remember all the good things that He is and has done. He is good and His love endures forever. He is merciful and gracious and abounding in steadfast love. He is good. Hope in Him.

No comments: