Saturday, January 17, 2009

Thank you Laurie!!

I just wanted to give a shout out to Laurie Babcock who so generously and rather unexpectedly gave me a car safety kit sometime last January. It came in very handy on Sunday when I found myself stuck at the bottom of a hill.

Leah, who I will affectionately call my calamity partner, was also with me; we both had come in separate cars. We tryed cardboard, my floor mats, Leah's floor mats, Leah's ice picks, windshielf washer fluid, spinning the tires, Leah spinning the tires, and Leah trying to push. All to no avail. Oh, and did I say we did all of this was in our church clothes? (Random... we had both been joking earlier how we looked like Jehovah's Witnesses in our black pea coats and skirts... no offense but maybe that's why no one came to our aide right away?)

So after all that I opened up the trunk and start to rifle through the car emergency kit. And guess what was in there? A tow rope. So Leah and I thought it would be fun to experiment to see if her car could tow mine out. Guess what? It couldn't. : ) But apparently a neighbor had been watching us for some time and once he saw the tow rope he offered his truck. He said he would have come out sooner if he knew we had a tow rope! He said I should give the person who gave me that tow rope a great big thank you.

So, Laurie Babcock....Thank you!!!

No comments: